Budgets and Managing Money
If you don’t have a training or a background in finance, you may be at a disadvantage as you sit around the management table. Understanding the cycle of finance will help you figure out where you fit into your company’s financial structure, and how to keep your department out of the red. This two-day workshop will help you prepare budgets and make decisions with confidence.
Participants should complete Velsoft’s Accounting Skills for New Supervisors course before this workshop or have equivalent knowledge.
How Will You Benefit?
- Define basic financial terminology
- Prepare a budget of any type or size
- Get your budget approved
- Perform basic ratio analysis
- Make better financial decisions
What Will You Cover?
- The fundamentals of finance
- The basics of budgeting
- Parts of a budget
- The budgeting process
- Budgeting tips and tricks
- Monitoring and managing budgets
- Crunching the numbers
- Getting your budget approved
- Comparing investment opportunities
- ISO 9001:2008
- Directing the Peerless Data Corporation (intensive case study)
- Instruction by an expert facilitator
- Small interactive classes
- Specialized manual and course materials
- Personalized certificate of completion